Search This Blog

Monday, August 19, 2013

Leesburg Burgers - MELT

Sometimes my job requires travel and travel means new food!
This was just a close trip to Leesburg, Virginia - so MrFP and I made a little day of it.  After I was done with the work things, we went to the Ball's Bluff Battlefield Park.



MrFP is a historian and even at a battlefield that he was less familiar with, he still flipped into tour guide mode pretty fast.  I married a walking guide book.

After our educational walk though the park we decided we had earned a good dinner.  Top of all the lists for Leesburg food came Melt - Gourmet Cheeseburgers.
http://www.meltgourmetcheeseburgers.com/

And the ratings did not steer us wrong!  This burger was excellent.




Not only was the cooked to order meat fantastic, but with all of the creative combinations left us wanting to try everything.  I finally decided on the Paris burger - which was topped with roasted garlic, a big slice of melty brie, balsamic glazed onions and extremely fresh spinach.



MrFP had the Diner Blue Plate Special - topped with bacon, pimento cheese, lettuce, tomato, house sauce ans (his favorite part) a perfectly cooked over easy egg.  And I mean perfectly cooked, I watched with jealousness as the yolk poured over everything.

Now let me talk about the bread - oh my goodness.  They bake it daily and you can tell.  We decided the best way to describe these buns was that it tasted like a tasty tasty biscuit.

One last little note.  Melt has a partnership with the local animal shelter.  Not only do they help raise money for the animals, they also help them find a home.



No comments:

Post a Comment