Search This Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Coffee Cake Cookies

We loooove coffee cake and we loooove cookies so this recipe - http://www.ohbiteit.com/2013/01/coffee-cake-cookies.html - looked really good.

Meh it was ok.
First of all mine did not turn out near as tasty looking as the original.


Secondly, like the original poster, I love the crumbly struesel stuff. Sooo very much.  But this one was only so-so.  It turned out a little more crunchy sugary than I like.  I also find the store bought portion overly sweet.

But anyways, enough complaining, here is the original.  I made a couple changes in the glaze but I posted both here:

Coffee Cake Cookie
1 roll of store bought sugar cookie dough

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup brown sugar          
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons water



1. In one bowl mix 1/2 cup brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter until butter is broken down.  I used a pastry blender but you can also use a fork.
2. In another bowl mix brown sugar, vanilla, and water
                          OR
2. Make a mixture of icing sugar, vanilla, and room temperature coffee.  Just start with the sugar and add liquid until it is the consistency you want.

3. Distribute the cookie dough on a baking sheet as you normally would.  I started with little balls and then flattened them with a spoon to make a little dip to but the crumble stuff in.


4. Cover the cookies with the crumble.
5.  Bake following the instructions on the dough wrapper.



6. Drizzle the icing/glaze over each cookie

I make coffee cake about once a month and have tried a few recipes now.  The annoying this about most of them is that there is generally no coffee in coffee cake.  Which is why I changed the glaze for this cookie, to make a coffee flavoured icing.

But I may try this recipe again with my own sugar cookie recipe and the icing and crumble from my favorite cake.  Probably just settle for the cake for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment