Search This Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Brown Sugar Butter Baked Peaches

I love cooked fruit - grilled, baked, sauced.  I've never had it fried but I'm sure I'd love that to.

We had some peaches to eat before we go on vacation this week so thought I'd give this one a try.

Alright, might just be me, but cutting pitted fruit in half is surprisingly tricky.  Usually I make things that don't require the fruit staying intact - this was not one of those recipes...
That being said, I did figure it out eventually.

Cut all the way around the pit.  With a hand on each side of the fruit, twist in opposite directions.  Now theoretically it should come apart with a whole on one side and the pit on the other.  Then use a parring knife to cut out the pit, mine were stuck in there pretty darn good.

A lot of this depends on your personal preference of sugar and spice but here is what I used -

Photo


2 peaches
4 teaspoons butter
4 tablespoons brown sugar
Cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Place your nicely halved peaches skin down in a baking dish.
3. In each half put 1 teaspoon of butter, 1 tablespoon of sugar and sprinkle cinnamon to taste.
4. Bake for 30 minutes

You can see my terribly cut peach on the left
Oh well - tasted good



No comments:

Post a Comment